Chloride is the largest distributor of automotive batteries in Zambia, with its flagship brand being the “Exide” brand. Chloride Zambia has a network of 12 own branches throughout Zambia and authorized distributors Countrywide covering all provincial Centres.
The company was first registered in Zambia in 1963 and is currently a leading supplier of automotive batteries in Zambia. The Chloride Zambia management team has a combined experience of 92 years.
To Enhance the Quality of Life through World Class Brands
Enhance quality of life through energy solutionsTO CREATE VALUE THROUGH:
• Distribution of batteries, Solar Standby Power backup, collection of battery scrap and supplier of Miners Cap lamps and accessories
• Commitment and Accountability at all levels
• Increase responsiveness at environmental factors that impact on our business
• Procurement globally world class Brands
• Fair Value employer
The core values that guide the conduct of the business of Chloride Zambia are i) Transparency, ii) Open communication, iii) Respect; iv) Teamwork and v) Commitment and Integrity. All employees undertake to commit to and live these in dealing with suppliers and customers.
In July 2006, Chloride Zambia started selling solar products. Chloride Zambia distributes a large variety of solar related products. Besides several different types and sizes of solar panels, Chloride Zambia imports and distributes Charge Controllers, Inverters, Lights and Solar Batteries. Distribution is done to both dealers and end-users.
One of the core values of our business is quality. By working with manufacturers that maintain high quality standards, we only sell solar products that live up to the highest quality norms.
Power Back Up System
Power Back up System are specifically designed for domestic and commercial application to provide standby power in the event of mains power supply failure. They have many advantages including:-
• Instantaneous and automatic change over when mains power fails which is especially beneficial when used with electronic equipment such as Computers, Servers and Fax Machines.
• Totally silent and non-polluting operations which particularly suits enclosed space applications.
• Very low running costs – just power to charge the batteries.
During normal power conditions the Inverter maintains the batteries at full charge while during power failure, the DC battery energy is seamlessly converted to AC power and fed to the supply circuits. Back-up system include two principal components, an inverter with built in battery charger and a battery bank.
The endurance of a power back up system is determined by battery capacity. We offer a selection of capacities depending on back up time required. The inverters supplied provide automatic regulation to prevent over charge and over discharge and batteries are of the deep cycle long life type.