Chloride Zimbabwe is a wholly owned subsidiary of ART Corporation and its operations are situated in Workington, Harare. Chloride Zimbabwe is in the business of enhancing peoples lives by providing durable and reliable energy solutions. Chloride Zimbabwe manufactures automotive, industrial and solar batteries and distribute power backup systems. Automotive and solar batteries are manufactured under the Exide brand while the Chloride brand is used for for standby and motive market. Standby cells are used for power back-up and motive cells power vehicles such as locomotives and forklifts.
A network of distributors both locally and regionally enables effective market penetration. Chloride offers after-sales service through its distribution network and for industrial batteries. Training for battery handling, care and maintenance is provided. Chloride Zimbabwe also recycles used batteries and reuses them in manufacturing of resources thereby playing an important role of cleaning the environment. Used batteries are collected through selected distributors and commercial officers throughout the country.
To be one of the leading suppliers of world class energy
Enhance quality of life through energy solutions
Chloride Zimbabwe’s VALUES entrench a democratically developed core belief system which governs behaviours of all stakeholders in pursuit of operational excellence.
• Team Work
• Exide Automotive Batteries
• Exide Solar Batteries
• Industrial Automotive Batteries
• Industrial Standby Batteries
• Well known Exide and Chloride brands – Since 1952
• Wide distribution network through Battery Express and Exide authorized dealers
• Product quality – strong, reliable and long lasting and manufactured in Zimbabwe for Zimbabwe
• Tried and tested manufacturer with a good reputation
• Chloride produces their key raw material – lead